Re: [ga] Letter to board.

Hello Patrick,

Monday, April 02, 2001, 3:34:12 AM, Patrick Corliss wrote:

> On Monday, April 02, 2001 6:03 PM (AEST)
> Joanna Lane <jo-uk@rcn.com> wrote:
> Subject: RE: [ga] Last minute changes to Verisign agreements

>> It is with great regret that members of the General assembly of DNSO have no
>> alternative but to inform you that any attempt by the BoD to approve or
>> agree the   .com Agreement with VeriSign in advance of proper consultation
>> with the DNSO Names Council, Constituencies and General assembly with
>> respect to the new revisions is hereby objected in full for procedural
>> reasons.

> On Monday, April 02, 2001 7:10 PM (AEST)
> William X. Walsh <william@userfriendly.com> wrote:
> Subject: Re: [ga] Letter to board.

>> If you send a letter, do so only in your own name, as each member
>> should do if they feel the need.
>>
>> However, do not do harm to the GA process by trying to claim that your
>> letter speaks as a consensus of the GA or is on behalf of the GA.

> Hi William

> I understood that Eric Dierker was referring to a letter from Joanna Lane
> (quoted above).

Eric Dierker was sending what sounded like an ultimatum to speak up if
you wish to be EXCLUDED, which sounded a lot like the letter he wanted
to see moved forward would claim to speak for the GA except for those
who spoke up.

Reference my other reply for why questions of process need to be
addressed, even when they are inconvenient.

--
Best regards,
 William                            mailto:william@userfriendly.com