[ga] note on timing

	The Names Council has scheduled a meeting for Wednesday, March 28 to
discuss the proposed Verisign agreement, and to agree on a statement
regarding the agreement, to be forwarded to the Board, on behalf of the
DNSO.  Philip Sheppard, as NC Chair, has asked the GA and each of the
constituencies to report their views to the NC by noon ***this
Sunday***.  He asks:  "Please keep reports short, listed in note form and
focused on the desirability of the status quo (old agreement) and the new
agreement. What are the pros and cons ? Which agreement do you
prefer?"  Sheppard will use the following three days to generate a
consolidated statement that the NC and GA Chair can approve on Wednesday.

	This doesn't give us much time -- to be precise, we've got about three
days left.  Under the circumstances, I think we have two tasks:  First, we
need a single document summarizing the points that appear to have general
(although not universal) support on the list.  I think Roberto is working
on such a document; David and anyone else who has text to offer should get
it to him.  Second, once the document is distributed, folks need to give
Roberto enough feedback so that he can make a decision by Sunday whether to
pass it on to the NC.