Re: $200 million (was [ga] Draft Resolution)

> It is my understanding that VeriSign would control the spending of the
> funds.  I am not aware of any companies that would commit to spending of
> $200M and let everyone in the world decide how it would be spent.

Chuck, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this just Verisign saying, "give us
what we want in the contract, and we'll spend $200 million on our own
systems?"

Verisign's purchases go towards capital equity, since they own the equipment,
and while you could argue that the Internet as a whole may benefit from the
investment, it's still merely Verisign spending its own money on its own
systems.

Or am I missing something?

This will be my only post today, so I grant my other 4 posts to Chuck, so
he can answer this one.

Christopher