[ga] Re: [cctld-discuss] Yokohama photos

Dear friends

As I look through the photos I do not seem to find a representative from smaller
ccTLDs of developing countries (except for .nu, Ghana - Dr Nii and a few
others).  Obviously it is impossible to photograph all participants but if the
ccTLD representation is as per the photographs than I feel for developing
nations that run ccTLDs on a non commercial basis.

Would those in the lead please spare a thought for those of developing ccTLDs
and maybe run a conference where we can meet and discuss problems we are faced
with that are particularly unique to our respective situations.

Maybe a circulation of a questionnaire would bring out the problems we are faced
with - forming the basis of such a conference/meet. The objective at the end of
this meeting is to adopt a set of implementation initiatives (in a form of a
generic template) that would be used to improve and enhance the operations of
ccTLDs in developing countries.  If there are initiatives underway to address
this please sent us information on these.

The big international meets I am sorry to say, do not benefit us apart from
turning up to make the numbers.

I welcome any comments/criticisms on this. Comments from developing ccTLDs would
be very much appreciated.

Noel Mobiha
.pg DNS Administrator
(in case you are trying to work out where .pg is - it is located above .au and
east of and shares the common border with .id)