Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 15:43:16 -0500
From: Frederick Harris <rharris1@bconnex.net>
To: isp-investor@isp-investor.com
Subject: ISP Investors wanted for Cyber I.D. -The Next Wave in Domain Name
    Services

HERE COMES THE NEXT WAVE IN DOMAIN NAMES
The "Cyber I.D." description which follows in this memo is intended for  every ISP
in the U.S. and Canada.
Following yesterday's decision by ICANN to include seven new TLDs in the DNS root
including  "info", "biz",
"museum", "aero" , "coop", "pro" and "name" - it has become clear that "personal
online domains" or "pods" - and the hosting of those name spaces by ISPs - is a
future trend for the world wide web. In other words "Cyber I.D." is an idea whose
time has come. (See www.icann.org) By giving its blessing for a new top-level
domain (TLD) called "name" -  ICANN has implicitly  validated the *concept* of
"Cyber I.D." and "personal online domains" or "pods". PODS will become available
to any ISP that wants to sell and host them as soon as possible after January 1,
2001. Each participating ISP will function as an accredited "registry" for "Cyber
I.D." and will also be able to sell and host one or more in the network of 500 dot
com master addresses
that are layered under the "personal online domains".  The distinction between
"pods" and the TLDs sanctioned by ICANN is of course that all dot pods perfectly
resolve inside the root zone of the global internet  - without permission from
ICANN -
and there is nothing to pay to Network Solutions (NSI) *because*  "pods"  are
layered over a large thematic network of
500 dot com (.com) name spaces. Investment and affiliate inquiries are invited
from ISPs and other investors on letterhead only please and should be FAXED TO
IDEXIS CORPORATION at 905-729-0966. "Pods" will sell to domain name registrants
for $5.00 each per year - in other words one dollar *less* than the wholesale rate
charged by NSI to ICANN-accredited registrars - and $ 5.00 less that the best rate
presently offered to affiliates from OpenSRS. This is a wonderful opportunity for
ISPs and individuals who are interested in investing in - or becoming affiliated
with  - "Cyber I.D."  The details follow.

Email Privacy Policy
Idexis does not send unwarranted or unwanted email. Idexis
 respects your privacy. Please reply with the word "cancel"
in the subject line of your email utility or browser if you do not
intend to receive further information about Idexis Corporation.

" Simplification [means] to eliminate
the unnecessary so that the necessary may speak".
Hans Hoffman
Abstract Expressionist

CYBER  I.D. EXPLAINED

Idexis Corporation, which is a Delaware company and an Ontario company   is a web
startup that has devised a web commerce model called Cyber I.D.(tm). The purpose
of Cyber I.D. (please see the trademarks for Idexis and Cyber I.D. at <www.
uspto.gov>) is to  develop a  web architecture that uses a large network of
existing dot com address as the platform for "personal online domains" or "pods".

In essence the Futurepod model makes it feasible for television stations,
television networks,newspapers, magazines and in fact all other content producers
- large and small, including small businesses - to reach stratified and segmented
audiences of  viewers, listeners and readers through personal online domains or
"pods" on the public internet. In other words there is a huge untapped market for
personal online domains. And ICANN has recognized that fact by approving a new TLD
called ".name".

The significance of "personal online domains" as a business concept stems from the
fact that whereas the public internet as a device for web commerce appears  to
first and foremost require successful  business models (and therefore recognizable
web sites with significant brand awareness - i.e., a Yahoo or an Amazon.com)  -
"personal online domains"  or "pods" allow any ISP, retailer, merchandiser,
advertiser or even the smallest commercial enterprise  to reach directly into the
homes of audiences of persons, each of whom has been assigned a proprietary and
personal "dot com" address - which is also a "pod" or name space on the public
internet.

This idea - that each and every "owner" of a "pod" is at the same time the
proprietor of a dot com name space on the public internet - is key. In other words
- whereas the conventional broadcasting  and newspapering  model for mass media
diffusion  is   "one source to many receivers" -   which is a web commerce model -
the Futurepod model in effect stands the "one-
web-site-producer-to-many-receivers"  - on its head. With Cyber I.D. anybody who
wants one can obtain a unique and addressable name space and "pod" on the public
internet through the Cyber I.D. network of master "pods" which are shared by
individual households and individual persons.

The 500 master "pods" have been divided according to very specific product lines
or services - such as for example <www.airpod.com>, or <www.bookpod.com> or
<www.carpod.com> -  and so forth.  Revenue generation for commercial users of the
"pods"  comes  from renting audiences of persons who share the dot com "master
pods" with a password protected  Cyber I.D.  The utility of this approach for
commercial entities is that information about related goods and services can then
be sent directly to the private  information spaces  of Cyber I.D. customers whose
"web sites"  - as distinct from mere e-mail addresses -are  personal, secure  and
template driven for easy use by persons with or without computers.

Cyber I.D.  - which is a commercial product from Idexis -  allows any business
entity to identify and then directly connect  on a one-to-one basis with
individual  persons (and therefore large and small audiences of such persons) via
the proprietary  network of unique master  "pods".  All "pods" are also dot com
name spaces. Cyber I.D. "pods" are either sponsored by companies and given to
clients or sold independently by ISP registrars -  to dot pod "registrants". All
dot pods resolve perfectly on the public internet because they are layered on top
of the dot com network of 500  Cyber I.D. master addresses.
Pods are sold  to individual registrants or sponsored  by businesses - such as
grocery stores, or book stores, or
travel agencies - in "pod" aggregations such as a 3-pak, 6-pak, 12 -pak, family
pak and so forth.

This kind of a web commerce model also has as great utility  for the sponsors and
creators of  one-time occurrences such as sports events, trade shows,
entertainment and other  commercial and cultural venues - as it does for small
retailers working in  regional or even local neighborhoods. The Cyber I.D. network
of dot com "personal online domains"  or "pods" can be scaled in any direction to
fewer or greater numbers of persons over time and space depending upon the nature
of  a retailing or other event. Therefore,  the additional  significance of the  "
Cyber  I.D." business model is that it also introduces the concept of "reverse
online retailing"  (tm) -   where commercial entities send  information directly
into the "personal online domains" of Cyber I.D. registrants. This allows
commercial vendors to post personalized information directly into the "pods" of
Cyber I.D. registrants.

The key  premise behind "Cyber I.D." is  that "personal online domains" or
"pods"can radically alter and therefore redefine the relationship between
audiences and other content producers by  making it possible for  any retailer,
advertising agency or mass medium to target discrete messages about products,
services, prices, brands or whatever to audiences of viewers, listeners and
readers  by placing digital information into the "pods" of  persons or families
who are  sharing the network of  500 dot pod master addresses on the public
internet.  The "owners" of dot pods can either remain anonymous or use their
assigned proper name, as they prefer. This allows the proprietors of "pods" to
percolate upward their own specific requests for information about brands,
products, prices, times, places or whatever -  without compromising the security
of their private name space which is also a predesigned and template-driven web
site.

To better understand "pods" as a concept  think of a "pod" as an electronic
gateway that allows any commercial manufacturer or retailing entity to  reach into
the personal name space(s) of any audience -  say an audience the size of a
Superbowl audience - or even an audience of about twenty-five macrame hobbyists -
in order to provide (on the request of the subscriber) enhanced information  about
certain products and services - including  products that have also been advertised
on television, or on radio and in print.

In essence  the concept behind Cyber I.D. is that instead of creating web sites or
" peep shows"  for individual persons who have no need whatsoever for a
conventional web presence, - let alone a brandable web site - - the Cyber I.D.
approach reverses or inverts conventional webcasting by allowing any commercial
entity, or not-for-profit entity to lease, license or rent  access to audiences of
persons who are also the collective  "owners" of the dot com "pods".

No other web entity or television network can replicate "pods". Futurepod will
always be  unique on the public internet. The Futurepod dot com aggregation of
master gateways can not be reproduced *because* the master dot com web addresses
were secured by Idexis, in some cases  years ago, before the dot com craze had
occurred.

In summary, Cyber I.D. can be accessed by various sponsors who need a powerful
commercial tool in order to provide one-to-one marketing services  - that no other
entity or mass medium can provide - precisely because Futurepod can not be
replicated on the world wide web. The network  of 500 generic and proprietary dot
com (gateway) addresses  is infinitely scalable.

An advertiser never knows the actual  identity of a "pod owner" until and unless
the person volunteers such  information. The "owners" of the "pods" can specify
beforehand  their unique and personalized interests, requirements, travel
arrangements (if any), product needs, or price points or brand preferences. The
related information is then provided directly from sponsoring companies.

Attend From ISP to ISP and learn what it takes to profit as
an ASP from those who are doing it.  See who is speaking -
Visit: http://seminars.internet.com/isp-asp/sf00/index.html

___________ • The ISP-INVESTOR Discussion List • ___________
To Join: mailto:join-isp-investor@isp-investor.com
To Remove: mailto:remove-isp-investor@isp-investor.com