Re[2]: [ga] [ADMIN] Suspension of William X. Walsh

Hello Thomas,

Tuesday, November 14, 2000, 1:21:15 AM, you wrote:

> On 2000-11-13 15:27:51 -0800, William X. Walsh wrote:

>> You can now make any claim you want to on the DNSO GA list,
>> regardless of how unfounded or unproven it is, and not face any
>> opposition to it, because anyone who questions your veracity is
>> guilty of a personal attack under the rules.

> Don't you think that there is a difference between asking for hard
> facts or improved security at IDNO (such as: Create a strong
> verification system for IDNO membership), and claiming that "for all
> we know, half of those people are made up" - without giving any
> proof for that?

He claimed they were real, and I merely pointed out that we have to
take his word for it.  There is nothing, including list membership
levels, to indicate that his number is anything resembling legitimate,
as others have pointed out.

Joop could provide proof of the membership, but he won't.  Until then,
a question as to the legitimacy of his claims (esp. when he is using
those numbers to claim legitimacy for his effort within the DNSO GA)
is certainly not an attack, but a legitimate note.

--
Best regards,
 William                            mailto:william@userfriendly.com