Re: [ga] [ADMIN] Suspension of William X. Walsh

Joe K, WXW, and all,

  Frankly I disagree with censorship of any kind.  The DNSO illegitimate
rules are really at issue here.  WXW has had a long standing dislike
and dispute with Joop as most of us know.  He DID make disparaging
remarks towards Joop.  Joop had a right to complain, but such a
complaint should not result in SELECTIVE CENSORSHIP.

Joe Kelsey wrote:

> To Whom It May Concern,
>
> William is exactly correct.  He was not making a personal attack, simply
> asserting a claim of his own to counter Joop's numerous unsupported and
> unsupportable claims to the opposite.  Unitl someone can verify the
> facts, they can both be considered to be making unverifiable claims of
> fact and so can both be considered to be unsupported by truth.
>
> Therefore, if William is barred, Joop should also be barred.
>
> /Joe
>
> William X. Walsh writes:
>  > Hello Harald,
>  >
>  > Consider it appealed. I did not call him any names, or make any
>  > personal attacks.
>  >
>  > I simply stated the fact, that the membership list in question is not
>  > verified and the world and the DNSO is required to accept his word
>  > alone that it is accurate.
>  >
>  > That is a fact, one that Joop doesn't like to have commented on in
>  > public.
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > Monday, November 13, 2000, 2:43:59 PM, you wrote:
>  >
>  > > The list monitor has received a complaint from Joop Ternstra about the message
>  > > sent by William X. Walsh <william@userfriendly.com> on Nov 8, 2000,
>  > > containing the paragraph
>  >
>  > >>Only you can tell us this, since you are the only one with access to
>  > >>the membership list, and for all we know, half of those people are
>  > >>made up.
>  >
>  > > The list monitor finds that this is a personal attack that is in conflict
>  > > with the list rules, and therefore asks the list manager to suspend William
>  > > Walsh' posting rights to the list for 2 weeks, until November 27, 2000.
>  >
>  > > Decisions of the list monitor can be appealed to the GA chair.
>  >
>  > > --
>  > > Harald Tveit Alvestrand, alvestrand@cisco.com
>  > > +47 41 44 29 94
>  > > Personal email: Harald@Alvestrand.no
>  >
>  > > --
>  > > This message was passed to you via the ga@dnso.org list.
>  > > ("unsubscribe ga" in the body of the message).
>  > > Archives at http://www.dnso.org/archives.html
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > --
>  > Best regards,
>  >  William                            mailto:william@userfriendly.com
>  >
>  >
>  > --
>  > This message was passed to you via the ga@dnso.org list.
> [...]

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 9236 fwd's to home ph#