Re[2]: [ga] TLD feedback from a client

At 01:37 PM 10/4/00 -0500, Andy Gardner wrote:
>At 10:02 am +0200 10/4/00, Jefsey Morfin wrote:
> >Again (I think I am the old Caton): this calls for a DN definition
> >in the UDRP document. You cannot rule about something you
> >do not know. TM lobby says the DN is a label, a label is what
> >is a TM, hence the DN is TM like and TM rules apply (which is
> >quite specious - this way you prove a women to be a man -
> >allthemore than they havd to create new rules for the TLD
> >specifics). I say the DN is a "road sign": it only tells where is a
> >site the users accept or want to call with that name: standard
> >rules apply to the site and to the users.
> >Jefsey
>
>NSI has already discovered the truth about domain names.
>
>They don't sell domain names, they sell "web addresses".

Not any more. NSI is now in the business of registering telephone numbers
and associating service specific addresses (domain names) to those numbers.
See:

http://www.nsol.com/news/2000/pr_20000926.html

http://www.enumworld.com/faqs.html#12
Q. Can there be more than one Registry for ENUM?

A. We believe that there can and will be more than one registry for
ENUM based services. These multiple registries will compete in the
open marketplace based on their merits - compliance with the
standards, ease of use, cost, speed and reliability.

Q. Who will handle the back-end?

A. Who do you think?

Best Regards,

Simon Higgs