[ga] Re: Names Council, new TLDs, and interests in pending applications

hello Jamie..

although I am confident that  you are aware that the names council plays no
role in the selection process  (as I am familiar of your background and am
quite certain you have read the proposal outlines and related material), I
feel that your request for disclosure is most fair so here is mine:

 I am a member of the names council representing the registrar constituency

I am the current chairman of CORE and Core is involved in an application for
a restricted TLD (.I.e. ".nom) as the proposing organization and in other
applications as the back-end provider

I am also involved as a member of the board of managers of Afilias, llc
www.afilias.com   ( in which CORE is a participant) in its proposal for an
unrestricted TLD as well.

I am also an officer of iDomains, inc, which has proposed a restricted TLD
(I.e. ".BIZ)

I am also an officer in Domainbank, Inc which is both a member of CORE (as
you are aware, CORE is an association of companies)  as well as a separate
participant in the afilias, llc organization which I represent on the
Afilias, LLC  board of managers.

the selection process & related guidelines has been clearly outlined and can
be viewed through links located at the following urls:

http://www.icann.org/announcements/icann-pr16aug00.htm

http://www.icann.org/announcements/icann-pr03aug00.htm

my very best wishes to you

ken stubbs
p.s. i also would be most interested if you or any other regular ga
contributors have provided direction, advice or consultation services to or
whether you or your organization has any interest in any proposing entity as
well