Re: [ga] Re: [announce] Jonathan Cohen elected for 3 years term a t the ICANN Board

Roberto and everyone,

Roberto Gaetano wrote:

> Roeland,
>

> >The American idiom is to "call things as they are seen".
> >

> Thanks!

> >No, this is nothing like what we envisioned, in those halcyon days,
> >three years ago.
>
> I don't think that there's nothing that can be done to modify the
> situation. Of course, the commercial + trademark + whatever, you name it
> , interest will always play an important role, but the point, IMHO, is
> how to introduce elements that limit this role, and allow others, that
> are currently absent and/or underrepresented, to expand theirs.

  The solution is simple really.  Everyone must be on a level playing field.

Start from there and end it there an you have a solution.  The DNSO
as well as the ICANN At-Large must be open to any and all willing
participants on an equal basis.

> Of course, there's another approach possible, which is: "there's nothing
>  we can do about". If I'll switch to this latter, I'll let you know ;>).
>

> >I am going to Marina Del Rey, will you be there?
>
> Provided I get funding, yes.
> We still have to get a beer together and speak F2F about the multiple
> roots...
>
> Looking forward to it.
>
> Regards
> Roberto