Re: [ga] Voting rules, take 4

On Wed, Jun 21, 2000 at 10:56:27AM -0700, William X. Walsh wrote:

> No, this method is very flawed.

It is not any more flawed than any other voting system.

>  People can vote yes for something
> that they think is...a bare minimum acceptable, and it would win if
> the most people thought that, even if the option that the most people
> would PREFER has over 50% yes as well.  You end up with the less evil
> rather than the most good.

For example:

    Option A gets  65 yes, 35 no
    Option B gets  51 yes, 49 no
    Option C gets  20 yes, 80 no

You are claiming that there are some situations where Option B would be
the "best" one, because it would be the "most good" instead of the
"least evil".  I'm having trouble making any sense out of that.