[ga-full] Re: Senator Seeks .Sex (fwd)

On Sat, 10 Jun 2000, Adam Todd wrote:

> >  Senator  Seeks .Sex (Politics 3:00 a.m. PDT)
> >  http://www.wired.com/news/politics/0,1283,36867,00.html?tw=wn20000609
> >  Senator Joseph Lieberman wants to segregate Internet bawdiness. He
> >told the Commission on Child Online Protection that he wants to see
> >.xxx or .sex domains. Declan McCullagh reports from Washington.
>
> Look we've already got them and they aren't of interest.

Wrong - we've got them and no one is doing anything with them.  I think
the .xxx or .sex people should do a bit more marketing.  If I have a
co-ordinated list of operational alternate TLD's once the next
phase of the dot.GOD beta test is underway - I would be pleased to
communicate the URL's to the dot.god beta testers.  I have no doubt those
tld's will be of interest to them.

> Many force their content into the mainstream by abusing the honesty
> system.  There isn't an easy solution.

I partially agree with what you say here.  I don't agree with Senator
Joseph Lieberman that porno tld's are the way to go.

What family values groups need are "safe" tld's - where the registry
ensures that only good wholesome family values oriented firms are
registered.  I have advocated this poition for some time.

The key to controlling porn content is not to create porno tld's - but to
create safe use tld's where you restrict registrations and keep out the
porno people.  That's the way to do it right.

regards
Joe Baptista

                                        http://www.dot.god/
                                        dot.GOD Hostmaster