[ga-full] Re: [IFWP] Re: dot.GOD - the latest

On Thu, 1 Jun 2000, Andy Gardner wrote:

> >  >> >Our current stats:

> >>No Harald - we don't have any squat factor.  That is an ICANN definition
> >>which has only served to give ICANN a black eye and put us in good
> >>standing with the users.
> >
> >"Squat factor" ??? Anybody with more than one domain is a cybersquatter?
> >
> >Do you REALLY believe that Harold?
>
> AFAIK, a "squatter" is someone who uses a resource without paying for
> it. Since .god domains are being given away free, I don't think there
> _can_ be any "squat factor".

That is correct - dot.god domains registered during the beta test are
free.  The registration fee is waved including any prorated fees for
maintenance in 2000 and 2001.

However - when we go into production later this year, all domain holders
are required to send in a signed agreement which provides them with title
to the domain and will contain clauses for transffering the registry to
the domain holders within a specified period of time or under certain
performance conditions.  There will be a processing charge per agreement
leveyed.

> Maybe Harold has been reading too many stupid news media - the kind
> where the first half is news of a UDRP decision, and the 2nd half is
> an incorrect summation of "cybersquatting", and how rife it is, how
> bad it is, yadda yadda.

Sad - it's the ICANN desease - beleiveing your own FUD.

Regards
Joe baptista