Re: [ga] Re: [ga-full] Individuals

Dave Crocker wrote:

>What issues, perspectives, and the like distinguish this constituency
from
>others?

That's an excellent question, that I should have added in my initial
message.
Personally, I think that individuals, not necessarily just as DN owners,
 but simply as plain Netizens, should have a voice (and a vote) in the
process, because their interests are clearly separated from every other
existing Constituency.
This could have been doubtful in the past, when it was not clear how the
 Constituencies would have refined and trimmed their role and charter,
but it is clear now, IMHO.
The voice of the "laymen" is important, I think. As I posted already,
the NCDNHC has already excluded (rightfully, IMHO) the individuals/
families from participation in the Constituency. The GA's role and
function is different: it is an instance where everybody comes together
(ideally), not the place for who is not in the Constituencies.

If you would like a specific example, take my case: I am participating
in this process as an individual, with no affiliation with any
Organization, and I do not belong to any constituency.
While this may be handy now, to guarantee if need there should be that
the GA Chair is not expression of a Constituency, it is nevertheless
proof that there is something missing in the structure of the DNSO.

>Where is the groundswell of participation from these stakeholders that

>demonstrates their concern about representation?

You can take the above as a first step.
I have no idea on how many people are in the same or similar situation,
but one of the reasons to reopen the subject is precisely to find out
whether the question is of general interest or not.

There has been in the past support from the GA to the idea of
Constituency for individuals, and I believe that the reasons for ICANN
not to follow up on the question were more linked to the lack of a
unified proposal (and no possibility at that time to put together one in
 a short time) than a clear "no".

There are, it is true, some ICANN Directors that opposed this project,
as we have even heard directly in Cairo, but OTOH maybe we should put
together a proposal for consideration.

Of course, only if there is a sufficient number of interested
individuals.

Regards
Roberto