Re: [ga] Re: [ga-full] Individuals

At 10:24 AM 5/27/00 -0400, Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law wrote:
>On Sat, 27 May 2000, Roberto Gaetano wrote:
> > Should there be a difference in Individual Domain Name Holders and plain
> >  Users of the Net?
>
>Their interests are similar but not identical.  I'd like to hear more on
>this subject.

In what way do their interests differ?

> > What is the relationship possible between the Individuals active in the
> > DNSO and the ICANN AtLarge Membership?
> >

>Individuals probably require their own constituency in the DNSO.   Perhaps
>one for each region? ;>

This statement suggests goes down the path that leads to claiming that
there is a constituency for every label, category or type that can be
imagined.  While the academic exercise of looking for discernible labels
might be interesting, it is not a useful way to find and create meaningful
constituency categories.  The practise should be to first understand what
differences motivate a category.

> > Should this issue be discussed further, and brought to Yokohama (or
> > anyhow to ICANN's attention)?
>
>It's clear that ICANN will not act on what it doesn't want to see.  The

So now you profess to know the nature and practise of the combines psyches
of ICANN board members?  That's going just a bit far, don't you think?

>IDNO proposal, for all its faults, never got formally considered.  David

There was nothing to consider.  It was a group entirely without relevant
content.

d/

=-=-=-=-=
Dave Crocker  <dcrocker@brandenburg.com>
Brandenburg Consulting  <www.brandenburg.com>
Tel: +1.408.246.8253,  Fax: +1.408.273.6464
675 Spruce Drive,  Sunnyvale, CA 94086 USA