[ga-full] Re: dns language and damn speculators

On Sun, 21 May 2000, Mark Jeftovic wrote:

>   Domain Name: JEFTOVIC.COM
>    Registrar: ALABANZA, INC.
>    Whois Server: whois.bulkregister.com
>    Referral URL: www.bulkregister.com
>    Name Server: NS1.TO-BUY-THIS-DOMAIN-FAX-305-463-9709.COM
>    Name Server: NS3.THIS-DOMAIN-IS-FOR-SALE.COM
>    Name Server: NS2.EMAILUS-DOMAINSALESATDOMAINCOLLECTION.COM
>    Updated Date: 19-apr-2000

This is what I've been going on about for years.  The domain name system
is being used by people as language.  If ICANN does not open up the space
soon - with hundreds of thousands of top level domains by year end then I
predict it's demise in 2001 and burial in 2002.  A real need for name
space exists.  I certainly experienced that these past few days with the
god registry.  I'm sitting on 1,200 new potential @Large members for
ICANN.  Your going to see a few churches join the DNSO's NCC.

Regards
Joe Baptista