[ga-full] dot.god is property.

Hello:

Today I have begun moving the dot.god registry to a new box.  We will be
running a one year test of the dot.god top level domain, formerly a
private tld employed and operated by the Church of the Universe in various
internal networks.  The naming practice for tld.god began when it was
decided to provide internal resources to the brothers and all systems on
the private network were named something.god.  later the brother
introduced the dot.satan tld for naming buggy computers on the internal
network.  Alot of NT ended up in the dot.satan tld.

At this time we are drafting a charter for dot.god.  The gist of it will
define that all dot.god second level domains are property.  There will be
a one time fee to setup the domain space, and then a yearly fee for
maintanence.  The yearly maintenance fee (our idea of property tax) will
be between $3.00 to $5.00 per year.

An administrative contract will provide management services for the tld
until such time as a community of owners is established at which time such
domain owners will be given control of the dot.god zone.  We've been
debating defining a community as anything from 5,000 domain owners to
1 million.

I would welcome any suggestions concerning the above statement so I can
present it to the brothers and sisters for consideration.

I expect the tld will be tested for one year and we'll also be looking for
people willing to test.  You will get a free dot.god tld for your effort
in helping us test.  I'll be posting further details and applications
regarding this to the following lists:

          list@ifwp.org
          DOMAIN-POLICY@LISTS.INTERNIC.NET
          ga@dnso.org
          list@ifwp.org
          orange@dns.list
          cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
          NCDNHC <NCDNHC-Discuss@lyris.isoc.org>
          nanog@nanog.org

dot.god allows for anonymous registrations and all applications will be
allowed a privacy flag.  This means you can restrict people from accessing
your email address using our whois server.

Here's an example of a public whois output:

$ whois -h whois.pccf.net god.god
Welcome to .whois server

 Database updated on: Wed Jan 12 04:04:16 EST 2000

         Domain: god.god
         Handle: 554909989110
        Created: December 14, 1999
        Updated: December 14, 1999

          Email: god@god

    Virtual Map: PARKED AT NIC

and this is an example of a private whois output:

bash-2.03$ whois -h whois.pccf.net my.god
Welcome to .whois server

 Database updated on: Wed Jan 12 04:04:16 EST 2000

         Domain: my.god
         Handle: 76889-21445
        Created: January 12, 2000
        Updated: January 12, 2000

 PRIVATE DOMAIN: email domain contact via the following URL

  http://god.pccf.net/cgi-bin/emailadmin?my.god=76889-21445

The whois URL's by the way won't work at this time.

Feel free to ask questions and more importantly your suggestions would be
welcomed.

Regards
Joe Baptista