[ga-full] Re: [ga] Yokohama DNSO agenda

>About the announce of the Yokohama meetings:

>>    * Friday, 14 July 2000
>>
>>      All meetings in Yokohama Pacifico
>>
>>         o Domain Name Supporting Organization
>>              + Names Council
>>              + General Assembly
>>              + Constituency groups
>>              + Working Groups
>>         o Governmental Advisory Committee
>>

>As today, the GA is scheduled in the morning, and there will be no
>Webcast, due to funding problems.

Funding problems? Are they serious?

They're slowing closing these meeting up so that only the IP Lawyers
with the big budgets will be there, and then you can be sure they'll
be saying they've reached consensus at the meeeting!

Please, lets have the books opened up for ICANN for the Santiago and
Cairo meetings. How much did the webcast and IRC channel for Santiago
cost????

How much did venue hire cost?

Since ICANN is supposed to be bottom up (ha ha), may I suggest that
they move the whole road show to a 4 star hotel in Yokohama and use
the money saved to fund the webcast???

Would cancelling the champagne event save enough money?

--
Andrew P. Gardner

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.