[ga-full] RE: Fw: [council] Yokohama Meeting Schedule : basic information we have

Thanks, Raul, for raising these concerns -

not only about the difficulties of LA participation in
Yokohama with the proposed timing, but especially about the
fact that DNSO Constituencies would meet only AFTER the DNSO
GA, the DNSO Names Council, and the ICANN Board.

How can the constituencies make any input into the processes,
if they meet only at the end?

I think this timing raises fundamental questions about the
role of the different elements of ICANN.

Norbert Klein
Open Forum of Cambodia
Non-Commercial Domain Name Holders Constituency Member

(http://www.isoc.org/inet2000/progschedule.shtml#PS). Then I
propose to have the same estructure of ICANN Cairo Meeting
beginning on
Saturday.

Saturday afternoon
(morning if needed)	- Constituencies. (they should meet before
GA and NC)
Sunday morning 	- GA, GAC
Sunday afternoon	- NC, GAC
Sunday evening 	- GAC public meeting.
Monday 		- Icann Public forum
Tuesday morning	- Icann board session.
Tuesday afternoon	- NC (if needed)

This schedule doesn't compete with INET and even if there
would be some
small overlap i don't see any problem on that.

In other way, I believe that the participation from
Latinamerican people in
constituencies, GA, and GAC would not be the best possible.

Best Regards,

Raul Echeberria
raul@inia.org.uy

---
You are currently subscribed to ncdnhc-discuss as:
nklein@pobox.com
leave-ncdnhc-discuss-1990B@lyris.isoc.org