[ga-full] History & current events - RFC1591 and measuring consensus...

Simon and all assembly members,

  In essence Simon is on the right track here.  RFC 1591 was are really
remains the model if you will for adding additional TLD's.  Is there
some need for modifying RFC1591?  Yes, possibly there is.  But,
first come first serve is the rule, and applications for adding new TLD's
have already been taken.  To change that at this juncture would likely
invite a series of law suits that I am sure ICANN would find it very
difficult to defend against, and financially unsound as a strategy as well
unless I miss my guess....

  About consensus again.  It is necessary to be able to measure consensus
in a direct and deliberate manner in general and in with the known history
of the IAHC that Simon has so kindly provided, with some omissions,
it would be both prudent and necessary to measure Consensus.  This can
only adequately and accurately be achieved by the implied precepts
outlined clearly in the White Paper.  That being stakeholders must have
a vote in order to determine consensus.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1894