[ga-full] Re: History & current events (RE: [ga] About GA membership again......)

> To make a practical example, IODesign will be much better off in being
> able to prove to be serious about running the .web Registry (which I
> believe they do) than in relying (only) on "prior" claim (BTW, I am
> under the impression that IOD was not the first anyhow - so I assume
> that Chris will agree on this point).
> Please check that list, and you will find it full of absurde claims made
>  without substance, sometimes in bulk because in any case to make such a
>  claim did not cost much more than the use of some bandwidth.
> To be in that list *may* be considered an element by ICANN when making a
>  decision, but I am pretty sure that this will not be the main one, and
> probably not even a required one.

I'm not quite sure I follow. Of course, the prior use claim is only a
small part - the fact that we've been operational for 4 years speaks
to that. But I don't know what you mean by IOD not being the
first. Not the first what?

You're right though - it's one thing to say "I want to run .foo" and
another to actually set up a registry and follow through process.

--
Christopher Ambler
chris@the.web