[ga-full] RE: [ga] FNC statement

Chris,

At 09:26 PM 4/3/00 -0700, Christopher Ambler wrote:
>You are making the assumption that my assertion is based on that
>page. It is not.

Since you have repeatedly failed to provide the phantom citation that DOES
support your claim of explicit disavowal, we poor souls are left with
little choice but to make guesses.

(Well, yes, there is also the choice of dismissing your claim entirely and
we probably should have done that long ago, but for your continuing claim
that the citation no one has seen does exist.)

>Dave insinuated that the NSF endorsed the IAHC. I said that they
>did not, and indeed specifically said that they did not. Dave

"...specifically said that they did not..."

Once again, Chris:  Where and when?  A specific citation will go far
towards resolving this curiously protracted question.

Vocabulary lesson:

         As pleasing as the sound of "insinuate" might be, it is an
incorrect usage in this context.

         From  the American Heritage Dictionary:  "To introduce or
otherwise convey gradually and insidiously".

         The statement of mine that you are challenging, Chris, was simple,
direct and singular.  Nothing gradual or "insidious" about it.  Please try
less inflammatory and more accurate vocabulary.

>has asked me to provide evidence. I have asked Dave to provide
>evidence. Since Dave made his claim first, I would like to see his evidence.

For reference, my statement was simple and factually correct.  I said no
more than the facts.  The statement I made is clearly and simply documented.

Strawn was a senior staff member of NSF -- I had forgotten that he also
chaired FNC, which frankly is far more important -- and indeed he was; and
he was a member of the IAHC.  I offered the fact of his participation as
significant.  It is.

By contrast, dear Chris, you made a simple and direct claim that has yet to
find any substantiation.

d/

=-=-=-=-=
Dave Crocker  <dcrocker@brandenburg.com>
Brandenburg Consulting  <www.brandenburg.com>
Tel: +1.408.246.8253,  Fax: +1.408.273.6464
675 Spruce Drive,  Sunnyvale, CA 94086 USA