[ga-full] Re: [ga] FNC statement

On Mon, Apr 03, 2000 at 06:24:00PM -0700, William X. Walsh wrote:

> On 03-Apr-2000 Joe Kelsey wrote:
> >  > On the other hand, Chris, the assertion of "specifically disclaimed" came
> >  > from you, so the reference to source material must be known to you.
> >
> > So, Chris, apparantly you never actually checked for yourself to see
> > what was on the fnc page!  There is nowhere on the site a "disclaimer"
> > or "disavowal" of george Strawn's role on the IAHC as FNC
> > representative.  Instead, there is an *affirmation* of his role as
> > representative of the FNC and a position of "no policy" on the IAHC as a
> > whole.  All in all, Chris, you are wrong in your assertions.
>
> Wrong.  Dave implied that Strawn's participation was a tacit
> endorsement of the IAHC's legitimacy.  This is false.  Chris is right on
> this issue.

It *was* a tacit endorsement of IAHC's legitimacy -- there is no other
way you can interpret it.  The fact that the USG changed directions
later can't change that.  Interestingly enough, the fnc web site also
demonstrates fairly clearly where the resistance was coming from -- at
the April 97 FNCAC meeting, we find that NSI is now making its own
proposal in opposition to the IAHC...

> There have been other disclaimers, that have since been removed since
> the issue is no longer considered a timely one.

Oh.  Sure. Of course.  Actually, that entire web site hasn't been
updated since Oct 1997.