[ga-full] Re: [IFWP] Re: [ga] Swedish gov interferes

On Sat, 1 Apr 2000, Michael Sondow wrote:
> > > The Swedish government will on Monday release a report suggesting new
> > > rules for the administration of domain names under .se
> > > These new regulations are since long released by the
> > > self-regulatory body  of .se.
> So which is it, Mikael, self-regulation or government control?

Government control policies will be released on Monday and these policies
are not yet known to the public. However, the governmental investigators
have done some statements today on the policies in the Swedish industry
magazine Computer Sweden (IDGs Swedish edition of Computer World).
Thus, there is a self regulation of .se domains today. What will be the
case next week we can't tell for sure yet. We do know, however, that some
changes will be imposed by the government, both regarding the
self-regulation as such and the regulations.

I hope this is sufficient answer to your question.

Kindest regards,

Mikael