[ga-full] RE: [ga] Older Registrations

Maybe in your world that may be the case, but in the real-life commercial
world there is always a quid pro quo. The funding is ALWAYS in exchange for
something of equivalent value. In this case, IANA was getting paid to
perform a function. Regardless of whatever that function may be, would you
agree that this principle would stand? Even the USG does not hand out cash
for no reason. Although, I may grant you that many American academics may
qualify for food stamps [sad, but true].