[ga-full] Re: [ga] Older Registrations

> On 31-Mar-2000 Christopher Ambler wrote:
> > I've never said it grows out of vacuum. I've said that the NSF gave IANA
> > authority over numeric and alphanumeric identifiers.
>
> Nothing in those documents gave them authority over ALL domain
identifiers.
> The ones I saw were clearly in the context of IP Address management.
There
> document never clearly gave them authority over all domain identifiers, at
> least not the ones that actually came from the USG and weren't written by
> others or IANA itself.

It also didn't give them control over protocol port identifiers, but that's
another
thing they were doing for years and years. Shall that authority now be
rolled
back, too?

Get realistic here, your argument falls flat when you start claiming that if
it's
not spelled out it doesn't exist.

--
Christopher Ambler