[ga-full] RE: About .eu - Was: Re: [ga] Meeting on the creation of .EU TLD

At 03:36 PM 3/19/00 -0800, William X. Walsh wrote:

>On 19-Mar-2000 Roberto Gaetano wrote:
> > Any further comments on .eu?
> >
> > Roberto
>
> >>Dear Names Council of the DNSO,
> >>
> >>I write to request you assistance in passing the following invitation
> >>those within your constituencies who may have an interest in the
> > creation
> >>of a .EU TLD.
>
>Are not applications for new Top Level Domains premature until a process
>exists
>under which applications can be accepted and processed?  Why should the group
>wanting to introduce .EU have any standing ahead of any other proposals and
>applications for new Top Level Domain registries?

Especially when there has always been a published process, and IANA have
acknowledged receipt of the earliest applications. See RFC1591. Section
3.  The Administration of Delegated Domains

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1591.txt

"The IANA's File of iTLD Requests" (the original list of non-ccTLD
applications) was published by Jon Postel on behalf of IANA here on Dec 5th
1996:

http://www.gtld-mou.org/gtld-discuss/mail-archive/00990.html

--
Simon