[ga-full] RE: [ga] there are more cost factors..

Greetings:

Aside from being the .VI domain admin, i also own an ISP in the Virgin
Islands. I looked into this once- it appears that AT&T charges $ 25.00 a
month for name service (count on AT&T to be the highest!), but if you have a
web site with AT&T (minimum $ 150 US a month) they give you the name service
free.

We (COBEX INternet ISP) provide the name service free if the client is doing
web hosting or web advertising with us. Otherwise, we charge $ 5.00 US a
month.

Our commercial web hosting rates start at $ 19.95 US a month (with name
service).

Many server farm services will "park" your domain free for 1 year (that
means provide name service, along with an 'under construction' web page-
just to try to get you (the client) to sign up for value added services.
Just for kicks, i registered a domain name and 'parked' it with a compny
called VERIO. after 1 year, they sent me an e-mail asking for $ 49.00 a year
for the parking and 'under construction' sign web page. I said i wouldn't
pay it, so what they (VERIO) does is put advertising for themselves on the
parked domain.

http://www.VirtualVirginIslands.com

I hope this gives all of you some insight into the pricing policies to be
found around the net.

regards

Peter de Blanc