Re: [ga-full] RE: [ga] Proposal: WWW / slashdot

Roberto and all assembly members,

Roberto Gaetano wrote:

> Jean-Michel,
>
> You wrote:
>
> > <snip>
> >
> >..... How to make the NC taken into account a recommendation,
> >a request from a body where people can hide behind an anonymous
> identity....
>
> Wait, wait, wait.
> We are talking apples and oranges, IMHO.
>
> One thing is the mailing list, one thing is the GA-Membership.

  No Roberto the GA mailing list = GA Membership that was
declared when this (Newer - GA) list was created as an announcement
from the DNSO Announcement List (See archives).

> Anonimity on the GA-list is one thing that, even if I personally find
> not serious, is nevertheless acceptable in principle.

  I have yet to see anyone on the DNSO GA list that has been or
is anonymous.

> Anonimity in membership is definitively not acceptable.
> To be a "member" of an organization means to have a relationship (a
> "contract", I was about to say) that implies advantages and duties, and
> this is incompatible with the impossibility to at least identify the
> "member".

  I agree that Anonymity as a Member of any organization is unexceptable.
The question and problem is what is sufficient as to identification in
in electronic format for purposes of participating via this mailing list
or other electronic formats.  A Physical address is NOT legally necessary,
but a legal one IS in any other commercially similar situation.

> Now, if we talk about "recommendation to NC", this will be obviously
> originated by the GA-Membership (possibly via a vote), not by the GA-
> list-participants.

  Yes by the GAL list participants unless or until a satisfactorily method
has
been decided by the DNSO GA list participants as to what WILL BE
the membership in the future and how, and what is required to define
identity of individuals in electronic form.

> Of course, the possibility of a "secret ballot" still exists, but this
> should mean that the vote cast is not publicly known, not that the
> identity of the voter is in doubt.

  In doubt?  How do YOU determine if there is reasonable doubt
Roberto?   My guess is you really don't know from a legal standpoint.

> Regards
> Roberto

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com