[ga-full] RE: [ga] Is ICANN replacing the ga with its new site?

Hi all,

It is certainly correct that the At-large membership and the GA of the DNSO
are two separate things.

The way ICANN are managing At-large memberships, is in my opinion an
excellent example of how we also could manage DNSO memberships: There must
be some kind of rules for DNSO membership, and when applying for membership,
some information has to be registered. If the applicant is accepted as
member of DNSO, she will have some rights (to be in DNSO GA, to vote, etc.).
Note that the membership managemenet can be handled without introducing a
membership fee.

However, these arrangements need money to be carried out. The At-large has
stated how they will get money for this. The DNSO has to do the same. We can
rely on external contributions (as the At-large), or we can have a
membership fee. Or both.

We got to get our membership database in shape. Even if the membership is
open to anyone. A distribution list is not a membership database. The ga
distribution list should be produced from the membership database.

Best regards,
Alf H
.NO