[ga-full] Re: [ga] GA Rules don't go far enough

William,

>So then we give up the list as a useful place to get work done?  I
think the
>list should be composed of the members.

I am assuming that "give up the list as a useful place to get work done"
 is sarcastic.
If not, the humor contained in it is involuntary, but still remarkable.

  The "general purpose" mailing list is
>the place of work for all intents and purposes.  Non-members are always
 welcome
>to read the contents of the list, via an email digest or web based
archive
>format, but not necessarily have the right to post until they have been

>verified.

The problem is scaleability.
I agree that it will nice to have a "place of work for all intents and
purposes", but how many subscribers will this list have?

One of the two: either this list will always have few hundred
subscribers at the most, and therefore it will never claim to "speak for
 the Internet people", or will have a completely different order of
magnitude, and therefore will be unmanageable.

We need a different model, IMHO.

Regards
Roberto