[ga-full] Re: [ga] [Fwd: Darrell misses my points] Proofed version

Joe,

you wrote:

>Unless the discussion list is hosted by a particular country government

>or otherwise explicitly sponsored as such, government rules do not
>apply.  Thus, the notions of "censorship" that Karl, Ellen and others
>have thrown around simply do not apply.

Let me anticipate an objection.

Even if ICANN and its related fora (like the GA/DNSO) can be considered
with some stretch of imagination a "quasi-Governmental institution", the
 enforcement of rules is not out of order.

Robert's Rules, abundantly quoted on this list, specifically foresee
procedures for managing disruptive behaviour.

Democracy and anarchy are not synonyms.

Regards
Roberto