[ga-full] Re: [ga] Registration process suggestion - Using "CA Certs" for registration and Voting...

Harald and all DNSO'ers,

  Exactly right Harald!  Jeff was exactly right in saying what he said
to which you refer.  You Harald and also Roberto, the NC and the
DNSO list admin are NOT trusted third parties, and for good and obvious
reasons that have been demonstrated here very clearly to myself and
many others thus far.

  I would also point out the DNSO is not a CA presently, is it?

  So, as I said and Jeff did, he did the proper and reasonable thing.
I realize this may be a personal affront to you, but you made your bed,
so now you must lie in it.

Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:

> At 15:48 04.02.00 -0800, Jeff Williams wrote:
> >Roeland and all,
> >
> >   I agree fully.  But it seems that some here do not understand or have
> >adequate knowledge of CA Digital Certs even though that information
> >is VERY available for review.  As a member of the TLS working group
> >for several years now, I am VERY familiar.  If anyone needs URL's
> >for some of this information I can certainly provide them.  But whether
> >or not some on this list do understand CA Digital Certs or not is not
> >a restriction in and of itself here that I can see.  Many well known
> >"Trusted CA's" are available to provide this.  Ben Laurie is a good
> >person to ask for additional information as well.
>
> Note that this is the same Jeff Williams who has refused to publish a
> digital certificate for himself, claiming that "good practices say that you
> reveal your public key only to a trusted third party".
>
>                            Harald
>
> --
> Harald Tveit Alvestrand, EDB Maxware, Norway
> Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no

Bob Davis
INEGRoup-West Disrctor