[ga-full] Re: [ga] Another Resignation

On Fri, Feb 11, 2000 at 08:04:57AM -0800, Patrick Greenwell wrote:

> The problem is Harald, we haven't even seen a reasonable attempt beyond
> your original document which was instituted in its entirety despite
> substantial

inconclusive

> debate on specific provisions. There is also the issue of
> which list an individual is subscribed to by default, which I strongly
> believe should be the *unfiltered* list.

I strongly believe the reverse.

> I am quite capable and happy to
> spend the 30 seconds or so it takes to subscribe to the filtered list.

Then you are quite capable to spend the 30 seconds or so it takes to
subscribe to the unfiltered list.

> However this too didn't seem to be up for compromise.

If a substantial percentage of the subscribers had sent email supporting
your position, things would be different.  But they didn't.  We got down
to a grim, mostly silent majority waiting for the grandstanding martyrs
to finish their speeches.  Some people will fight to the death for their
right to urinate on the barroom floor...