[ga-full] Re: [ga] Re: DNSO.ORG has melted down?

Harald and all,

  ANd had you left due to there not being list rules of any kind I could
of course understand.  But that is not and was not the case.  The problem
is that the "Poll" was fraudulent and was intended to be in the first place,
and you spilt the beans on that one publicly.  I know I called you on it
on this list (See archives).  In addition, others submitted and suggested
amendments as well as other rules.  Also given no consideration or
even allowed to be vetted very well.  Another breach of trust.
And to top it all off you, Roberto, and Elisabeth have told blatant
lies and slurred and possibly slandered several members of this
Assembly on the DNSO GA list.

  You sir, are indeed to blame to a very great degree for you own
lack of ethics, honesty, and poor judgment. And than inflicting
all of this in the name or "List Noise Reduction"!!!???  That is
a bunch of Horse-Shit, and you dam well know it!

Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:

> At 10:58 10.02.00 -0800, Roeland M.J. Meyer wrote:
> >This week has been most interesting. First the cracker-kiddies start capping
> >some of the largest pipes on the Internet (which scares the bejeezus out of
> >me), then I see a bunch of folks, that I have mucho respect for, leave this
> >[DNSO-GA] forum.
> >
> >I have been watching this for some time. I too have been concerned with the
> >noise level. Currently, I peg the value-add content somewhere south of 1% of
> >list traffic. I can mostly lay this at the feet of one Joe Baptista.
> >Congratulations Joe, you've done PCCF proud.
>
> [Note: One extremely strange thing is that since the Great Imposition, not
> a single person has complained about the actions of Joe Baptista to the
> ga-abuse address. Only Jeff Williams has been complained about. Perhaps he
> has moderated his activity to just below our collective pain threshold????]
>
> >However, I can make a case for comparative negligence with the operators of
> >DNSO.ORG, as well. In that case, Joe has made a strong point; A trust
> >relationship can not exist when with this many unfiltered and unverified
> >persons. Especially, when one of them has the malicious intent/capability
> >that Joe has demonstrated. In this environment, informal and  ad hoc
> >practices of the past will, demonstrably, not work.
>
> I believe you're right.

> >Formal rules and process may be a burden, but participating in this sort of
> >activity, without them, may be a complete waste of time. I mentioned
> >something like this when I addressed the Names Council, in San Jose.
> >However, structure does NOT appear out of nowhere, it must be created. The
> >manner of creation is ALWAYS contentious.
>
> And part of that contentiousness seems to be that one must accept a certain
> leavetaking by those who do not agree to the ruleset or their manner of
> imposition.
> It is not clear that there exists an alternative that wouldn't cause a
> larger leavetaking; keeping a no-rules situation would have made *me* leave.
>
> This makes me sad.
>
>                           Harald A
>
> --
> Harald Tveit Alvestrand, EDB Maxware, Norway
> Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no
>
> --
> This message was passed to you via the ga list.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1894