[ga-ext]

Re: [ga-ext] Reconsideration Committee

Patrick and all,

Patrick Corliss wrote:

> Hi Bruce
>
> Thank you for publishing the following two reconsideration requests on the
> main [ga] mailing list.  As the External Relations mailing list has been
> established to discuss ICANN relationships it may be an opportune time to
> afford subscibers an opportunity to consider the role of the Reconsideration
> Committee itself.

  It may be.  However it seems fairly obvious that such reconsideration's
will be ignored by the ICANN BoD as have many other similar efforts.
The filing's in question, as mostly a matter of formality rather than of
any real consideration.

> It seems to me that the GA would have little objection to providing persons
> affected with such an appeal mechanism providing the procedures are fair.

  And real.

> I am not suggesting a debate on the merits of the relevant cases simply a
> review on the processes involved including the selection of members,
> procedures etc.

  A debate is necessary and almost unavoidable.  It should be debated
IMHO.

> Regards
> Patrick Corliss
>
> In reconsideration request 00-13, Image Online Design, Inc. requests that
> the ICANN Board reconsider its November 16, 2000, decision on new TLDs,
> which did not include IOD's <.web> TLD proposal among the seven registry
> proposals selected for the proof of concept phase.
>
> http://www.icann.org/committees/reconsideration/rc00-13.htm
>
> In reconsideration request 01-02, .Kids Domains, Inc., requests that the
> ICANN Board reconsider its November 16, 2000 decision on new TLDs, which did
> not include KDI's ".Kids" application among the seven registry proposals
> selected for the proof of concept phase.
>
>  http://www.icann.org/committees/reconsideration/rc01-2.htm
>
> --
> This message was passed to you via the ga-ext@dnso.org list.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827

This message was passed to you via the ga-ext@dnso.org list.