[ga-abuse]

RE: [ga-abuse] Re: [Admin] Warning

We are having disagreements:
----------------------------

The one complaint = response was upsetting to me when I first signed on
as  List Monitor, sharing the responsibility to make decisions was an
improvement; but not completely.  The way Alexander has been issuing
warnings according to William Walsh's desires creates the sensation that
William should be doing the job just to cut out the middle man.  If we are
not going to be subjective, why not?

It really is amazing that one complaint can render a participant suspended
whereas a few or even many complaints don't even warrant a warning when the
complaint is against Kent.

By the way, you supported not suspending Kent, what gives him the right to
be offensive and not receive repercussions from you, Thomas, Alexander, and
the secretariat?  You realize the secretariat flat out refused to suspend
Kent's posting rights last summer/fall whereas they were absolutely
available for any others suspension.

-----------
-----------

We have a difference of opinion, folks.  I find nothing humorous about and
do not support falsifying posts in any situation.  I do not appreciate the
act of isolating individuals with mean-spirited comments which was Kent's
common practice on this list, the domain-policy list, etc.

Kent probably would have lost his job had he been an employee of ours when
he sent the false post because at that moment he let it be known he is
mean-spirited and not trustworthy.  We ca not support people who are
unethical as our clients don't want them around.  It confuses me that ICANN
would intentionally choose an person like Kent for this job.

--------
--------

The best reason of all not to hire someone to be a part or especially lead
a technology team is their level of deployable ethics.  Kent has proven
himself publicly to be unethical on several occasions.

(Much of ICANN is also unethical, that is one reason they are a good
fit.  I thought you pointed this out in your message, Roberto.)

I have experience with these situations and know the geek so to speak.  My
opinion is appreciated by those who are interested in quality of service
and looking to fill that position with someone qualified whose response to
queries will not be accusatory, defensive, or nonsense.

I would think, Roberto, that with your experience you would agree with me.

-------
-------

Certainly, over time nearly everyone's ability to communicate
improves.  Some become less volatile and some more.

I really think Thomas, Alexander, and William blew my initial comment out
of proportion.  If even one other complaint had been received about it, it
would be so much easier for me to feel like I have not been singled out,
especially since the message was a direct assault against ICANN and not
Kent... pointing out things folks have done in the past (that are proven
beyond reasonable doubt in online publicly available archives) is not
against the rules.

As it stands there are different levels of expectations for groups of
participants of the GA.

Best Regards,

~k