[ga-abuse]

[ga-abuse] Re[4]: Abuse complaint [Dave Crocker] - Re: [ga] Re: Board descisions

Hello Joanna,

Wednesday, March 14, 2001, 11:45:43 PM, Joanna Lane wrote:

> Save the rules violation reports for serious violations.  I suggest
> reading them for more clarification.

> - William,
> Please do not insult my intelligence in this way.

There was no insult to your intelligence, Joanna.

There is no substantive rules violation here.  The bar is higher than
that.  Harald has already posted a warning on that issue in the past.

> I am my own person and can speak for myself thank you. Bandwagon is not in
> my vocabulary. If you haven't noticed by now, I am a leader, not a follower.

What I notice is a propensity to stifle discussion you don't like.

That is not the role of the rules of this list.  Bottom line.

> To support a zero tolerance
> policy to disruptive elements, which can only get in the way of substantive
> work. Dave Crocker's post was inappropriate. I know better, he knows better,
> everybody knows better and that includes you.

Bottom line, Joanna, is that your interpretation of the rules is
wrong.

Perhaps you would LIKE the rules to have a lower standard so you can
eliminate discussion you don't approve of, but the fact is the current
rules do NOT cover the post you complained about.

CC'ing the abuse report to the list just encourages more abusive posts
directed at that person.

Do I like what Dave had to say?  No, but that it is not the point.
The rules are not there to get rid of things one does not like.

If you feel the need to escalate this exchange with me, bring it on.
I'm more than willing to fully engage you on this matter.

--
Best regards,
 William                            mailto:william@userfriendly.com