Re: [discuss] DNSO Glitches and process: A report from the DNSO front.

Mark,

If I have ever met you, it escapes my memory.  Therefore, I
guess this is your way of saying "hello, nice to meet you..."

Cthulhu's Little Helper wrote:
> Translation:  "I agree with Roeland here."

As this is an introduction, I would like to request that you
not attempt to "translate" any of my comments.  If you want
me to post in Japanese, than feel free to translate...  If I
am vague, by all means ask for clarification.

[snip]

> Thanks Richard.  I was doing my best to keep an open mind about all of
> this.  You've just convinced me that there really is a hidden agenda here.
> You'd think that after all that's passed, one of you would realize that
> patting us on the head and shooing us on our way won't make us shut up!

Your welcome Mark, anything I can do to help :-)  Drat, you
saw through my hidden agenda hiding tactic :-(

> I am perfectly willing to work within any self-consistent set of rules
> your august body selects and actually makes an effort to obey.  I think
> you'll find that once that happens, there may actually be some progress
> made.  But as long as we need a playbook, a scorecard, and a self-updating
> hyperlinked reference to rules Bill Cosby would find a bit too wiggly to
> sell, progress may be difficult.  You see, people don't want to play when
> you keep changing the rules so you can win.
>
> Now I remember why I dislike politics so much.  Dishonesty sickens me.

The only possible constructive comment I can add, is that if you
are looking for consensus (which is what I interpreted part of
Roeland's post to be about) jumping on someone who you think is
disagreeing with a point, attempting to change their words to suit
your point of view, and in a round about way, calling them dishonest
will not result in any form of consensus.

By the way, I really don't understand the reference to Bill Cosby...

Have a nice day anyway...
Richard
--
_/_/_/interQ Incorporated