Re: [discuss] Voting mechanism details

At 14:24 28/06/1999 -0700, Roeland M.J. Meyer wrote:

> Your analysis is correct, but you left out that a web-site give
>immediate response. As far as authentication goes, certs could be
>issued, using OpenSSL (yeah, I know the server is in France.) and that
>should provide sufficient auhtentication when used together with
>mailid/passwd pairs. Joop has been working on this stuff and he has the
>software. Personally, since we know the size of this group (from the
>mailer list software) we can simply check votes against total count. If
>it exceeds the size of this group then we have a cheater among us.

On this small scale security isn't really an issue. It's red herring.
Analysis of the website visits and the polling results by an independent
third party should overcome objections.

What we need to do is get a first taste of it by voting on the question
posed in "Outreach or exclusion".

I could also add a question on WIPO substance, if Randy would care to
formulate it for us as a yes/no question.

Roeland may want to add a question on procedure.

Most list/Berlin  participants (I got 59, with 2 adresses not working)
should have received their personal password and should be able to vote
right now.
Perhaps the listmanager could give me an updated list? With the Singapore
DNSO participants added?
There are a few free polling items on display as well, merely to show how
the system works.

www.democracy.org.nz/vote1/

Now as for the significance of the will of the majority of the  people
collected here and in Berlin, that's another matter...
But I am just advancing my help so that we can start agreeing among ourselves.

--Joop Teernstra LL.M.--  , bootstrap  of
the Cyberspace Association,
the constituency for Individual Domain Name Owners
http://www.idno.org