Re: [discuss] Notes - Names Council Meeting, San Jose - 062599

I'm REALLY puzzled about all this discussion.

Surely it is the Chairman's job to keep order?

If the Chairman  needs advice from time to time, it is (in the three
non-profits I have been on the board of) usually the Company Secretary's
job to advise on (e.g.) the Memorandum and Articles of Association and
any
Standing Order which govern the meetings.

So it has to be the role of Chairman act impartially
in the running of the meeting (this does not prevent him/her
from contributing). And there is nothing to stop the Chair
from rotating, either.

Nigel Roberts; nigel@roberts.co.uk (Parliamentary Candidate in 1997!)