Re: [discuss] Individual representation

On Sat, 26 Jun 1999 16:49:21 -0700 (PDT), Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
wrote:

>Ellen Rony is alleged to have written:
>> Let me ask--why would people in the academic community want to join as
>> ICANN members when they have no representation in the DNSO.
>
>if the academic institution is non-commercial, why would they not wish to
>join the non-commercial constituency?

Surely you can see that academic interests and those typically
associated with non-commercial interests have a much different set of
interests and concerns.

Under your reasoning the Trademark constituency should be disbanded
and folded into the Commercial/Business one.

--
William X. Walsh
General Manager, DSo Internet Services

The Law is not your mommy or daddy to go crying
to every time you have something to whimper about.