Re: [discuss] Unofficial minutes June 11 1999 Names Council Meeting

Well of course I agree substance is important. That's why I wrote two long
reports about the WIPO report. And that is why I asked some serious
substantive questions on the IFWP list (cc'd to E.Dyson), none of which
have yet been answered.

They are both important.  But since the only answer to substance is to
"trust us", the (apparent) failure to observe procedural regularity
becomes more important than ever.

On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, Randy Bush wrote:

> > 5. Despite (4) no formal action is taken to amend the By Laws, which
> > remain unchanged at the time of the teleconference.
>
> i am not a lawyer and don't even play one on the net.  but i would guess
> that it is not the dnso's prerogative to formally go against the icann's
> board and the icann's chosen legal council's advice.
>
> i would suggest that, while process issues are legitimate and relevant,
> that there are also issues of substance which deserve discussion.
>
> randy

                    -->   It's hot here.   <--