[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [discuss] Next Names Council Meeting
- To: Antony Van Couvering <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [discuss] Next Names Council Meeting
- From: Jeff Williams <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 11:46:44 +0100
- CC: DNSO Mail List <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "Theresa.Swinehart@wcom.com" <Theresa.Swinehart@wcom.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>
- Organization: INEG. Inc.
- References: <000b01beb4ee$a12dc4e0$85f526cf@AVCLaptop.interport.net>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Antony and all,
Good point here about contacting the "Provisional Names Council"
(Self appointed and non-elected BTW)
To the "Provisional Names Council"
Which of these "Meetings" on June 25th will be open and participants
able to "Actively" participate (otherwise provide comments ask questions).
Are any of the "Meetings" on June 25th closed or restricted in any manner?
If how or what are those restrictions specifically? Please advise.
Antony Van Couvering wrote:
> Although the Names Council has followed the letter of the law and posted an
> announcement of the next Names Council meeting (see
> http://www.dnso.org/dnso/calendardnso.html, quite a ways down the page), it
> seems to me that the announcement of these important meetings deserves a
> wider dissemination. I would have hoped that the Names Council would have
> seen fit to announce their activities via the email@example.com vehicle as
> In any case, there will be a Names Council meeting on June 25 in San Jose.
> It will be partly face-to-face, but teleconference participation will be
> available as well. As you can see, it's divided into a "meeting" and a
> "public meeting", which would seem to indicate that the first one was
> closed, and the second one open. I'm not sure that this is the case,
> however - given the general feeling of Names Council members at the last
> teleconference (at which I was an observer for the ccTLD constituency) that
> meeting should be open unless there was a good reason not to. So it may be
> that the earlier meeting is open in the sense that anyone can observe, but
> say nothing, while the later meeting is meant to be an open-participation
> meeting. You may want want to contact a Names Council member to find out
> exact details on procedure.
> I just thought everyone should know this is happening.
Jeffrey A. Williams
CEO/DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.
Information Network Eng. Group. INEG. INC.
Contact Number: 972-447-1894
Address: 5 East Kirkwood Blvd. Grapevine Texas 75208