[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[discuss] Re: Whose Domain Is It Anyway? Nader, NSI Want To Know
- To: DOMAIN-POLICY@LISTS.INTERNIC.NET
- Subject: [discuss] Re: Whose Domain Is It Anyway? Nader, NSI Want To Know
- From: Kent Crispin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 07:42:24 -0700
- Cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail-Followup-To: DOMAIN-POLICY@LISTS.INTERNIC.NET, email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
On Sat, Jun 12, 1999 at 06:14:11AM +0000, William X. Walsh wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Jun 1999 22:43:00 -0700, Kent Crispin <kent@SONGBIRD.COM>
> >Yes, it was NSI that was booted. The ICANN board modified their
> >original position in response to widely held public opinion (just as
> >you claim they never do), and restricted NSI to one seat.
> I take GREAT offense in your characterization here Kent!
> The widely held public opinion you quote here is ONLY the opinion of
> the majority of the rest of the so called Names Council,
No. It is not. The public opinion I refer to is that expressed
during the Berlin meeting, where a *number* of speakers stood at the
mikes and told the Interim Board on no uncertain terms that there was
no way that NSI should be able to nominate 3 Names Council Members.
As a result of that strongly expressed public opinion the Board
amended its original position, which would have given NSI the right
to pick three Names Council Members. To be blunt, a lot of people
were simply outraged that NSI should have that much influence on the
The Board TO ITS CREDIT amended its previous position because of this
That is precisely what happened at Berlin. It's a matter of public
record -- you can watch the real video yourself.
NSI now says it is going to give those extra seats to "worthy
groups", but it DOESN'T HAVE THOSE SEATS TO GIVE TO ANYONE.
NSI is simply using this as a PR ploy.
These are the facts.
Kent Crispin "Do good, and you'll be
firstname.lastname@example.org lonesome." -- Mark Twain