Re: [dnso.discuss] Re: [discuss] RE: [IFWP] Re: Register.com and the Testbed charges effect

Sorry, I can't equate most ccTLDs and their costs/situations with the
gTLDs com/net/org.  Most ccTLDs have narrowly defined, relatively
"local" markets.  The effects for .no may be very different.

The simple fact is that it would be rather easy to not charge
registrars for non-pay cancels, and to monitor their perecentages.
Should a registrar have a larger percentage than average, then they
have a problem they need to address, and some performance standards
can be imposed.

This would be the most "competitive" way to setup right now.  It would
place the registrars on an even playing field with NSI itself.

--
William X. Walsh
General Manager, DSo Internet Services

The Law is not your mommy or daddy to go crying
to every time you have something to whimper about.