De : Amadeu Abril i Abril [mailto:Amadeu@abril.info]
Envoyé : lundi 16 juin 2003 20:49
À : Bruce Tonkin; 'ICANN NomCom Coordinator'
Cc : DNSO SECRETARIAT; Demi Getschko; Alick Wilson
Objet : NomCom selections for the GNSO Names Council

(Glen, could you please forward this mail to the Names Council list?)

Dear Names Council Members,

It appears that according to the NomCom selections, I am back to my
roots, ie, back to the Names Council.

At this point of time, I only want to say two thing: First, that as I am
Board Director until the end of the Montréal Meeting, I will be in a
pure reading&listening mode (and I hope those of you who know me will
understand how difficult this is for me... ;-)) I will refrain from
taking part in any discussion and indeed any vote, even if I would
appreciate being added to the mailing list, and atteinding the meetings.

Second, that I want to reiterate what I told the NomCom when asked if I
wanted to accept a Nomination (ot the Board). While the Board is a much
more looked after positoon,  it semms much more glamourous, ICANN was
set up in order to solve (except for the root server policy control
issue) items that are the direct responsibility of the GNSO. All the
rest is important, but probably does not require something like ICANN.
The stuff the GNSO, and the Names Council does (or should do) has no
alterntative process, no alternative policy framework. The DNSO was
designed with inefficiency and confrontation in mind; the GNSO has to
come over those "original sins" and provide a suitable policy
development process in order to evolve into a bett4r DNS, specially for
its users. Hope to help during the next months in this task.

And a warm welcome to Demi and Alick!!

Amadeu