[council] ICANN Meetings Rio
In case you have not seen this!
ICANN RIO MEETINGS
MARCH, 23-27 2003
Dear ICANN Rio attendees:
The local organizing committee, concerned with the well being and safety
of all participants, has implemented several measures to assure their
welfare. We deeply regret the coincidence of dates between our meeting
and the imminence of war. We have taken steps, nevertheless, to ensure
that our meeting will be safe and peaceful.
1. All badges will carry photos. For registration a valid ID
document will be requested (Passport for visitors, local ID for
Brazilians). There will be no admittance without the badge.
2. Big cities normally demand special precautions. We advise the use
of accredited vehicles from the airport to the hotels. When you leave
customs you will find an orientation desk.
3. At the venue two emergency medical teams will be permanently
available. There are several accredited hospitals for emergency care
and an ICU ambulance will be in attendance 24 hours a day during the
4. A lawyer will also be in attendance for clarification of routine
5. A special desk for travel information and ticket reservations will
be available at the Sofitel Hotel foyer.
The following social events will be open graciously to the attendees:
Monday 24: 07:30 P.M. - Opening Cocktail - Sponsored by EMBRATEL - a
Tuesday 25: 08:00 P.M. - City Tour - Sponsored by LACNIC
Wednesday 26: 08:00 P.M. - Typical Brazilian dinner - round robin
barbecue - sponsored by Verisign and the Brazilian Internet Steering