From: Philip Sheppard [mailto:philip.sheppard@aim.be]
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2003 11:03 PM
To: Bruce Tonkin
Cc: Council (list)
Subject: Proposed rules of procedure GNSO

Bruce,
well done for the labours in compiling a rational set of procedures to incorporate the new by-laws.

Before Council considers adopting these we will need to debate in particular items 3, 4 and 5 - the issues of quorum and the election of the GNSO chair.  At present the by-laws allow for both elections by majority weighted vote. As you know there are current proposals on quorum to change to a non-weighted member vote. Given the role of the GNCO council chairman and the need for a candidate to be broadly supported it may be appropriate to extend non-weighted voting here also.

Philip