From: Milton Mueller [mailto:Mueller@syr.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2003 11:51 AM
To: council@dnso.org; Jeff.Neuman@Neustar.us
Subject: RE: [council] Key Challenges and Opportunities for the GNSO

I also would resist giving GNSO any authority over the implementation
of ENUM. Mere use of domain names or even the DNS as a protocol
or system is not sufficient to invoke GNSO policy making authority,
which is restricted to management of the DNS name space.

>>> "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@Neustar.us> 04/09/03 11:24AM >>>
I would object to including anything about ENUM in a description about the
GNSO's activities.  I personally do not believe that at this junction ENUM
falls anywhere in the scope of the GNSO's jurisdiction.  The rollout of ENUM
may or may not include registries and registrars as we know them today.  In
addition, although there may be privacy impacts of ENUM on consumers, they
do not relate to the management of the generic top-level domain name space.